Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Off to the Cape

On Friday, we are off to North Truro for our annual week at the Cape. I can't tell you how much we look forward to this. The house is beautiful, P-town is exciting, the company is wonderful, how could you ask for more? This year, my list of hoped activities includes sea kayaking, swimming in the glacial ponds, shopping in P-town (I'm hoping for some more good finds in the vintage clothing store and the antique shop where I found my favorite necklace last year), and of course, drag karaoke. One of my favorite things to do is to wake up early, run down to the beach, and wade in the shallow morning water, so I'm looking forward to that, too. Oh, and I'll be reading lots of books and doing the puzzles Memere gave to me.

In anticipation, here are some picture from last year. Check out this idyllic scene of familial harmony:
The view from the deck:
We went for a hike in the dunes one morning:
And for a winery tour one afternoon:
The whale watch was a highlight from last year. A baby whale was having a grand time breeching over and over. Here he is waving:
Here, Jay's ordered a dessert that came with instructions on how to eat it. To my great surprise, it did not say "1. Put in mouth. 2. Chew. 3. Swallow."
Can't wait for Friday!

No comments: