Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 Highlights

Now for the obligatory "passing of the year" nostalgia. This year's highlights:

1. The Year of the Dissertation: I wrote almost the entire thing this year. All right! 2009 WILL see a graduation (perhaps not a job, but that's another story).
2. Milestones for friends: two weddings. Peter and Candice's was a hot but amazing day.
We didn't make it to Ricki and Fritz's (though we really, really wanted to), but we were there in spirit:
3. New activities: in a strange role-reversal, Jay took up a musical instrument and I took up a sport, both having to do with rock:

4. Family: a vacation with the Caissies and some great parties with both families were definite highlights.

5. Trips with friends: Camping and Mt. Washington was my favorite part of the summer.
In November, I also went with my college friends to the Cape for a crafty weekend. I've refrained from posting these pictures, since I was making a quilt for my parents for Christmas, but now I can post them. One table, five sewing machines:
Little Rory was a great distraction from Hemming Hypnosis:
They'll probably hate me for posting them in their PJs, but here is everyone with their almost-finished projects on Sunday morning:
6. Home: where my two favorite favorites are. Favorite 1:
And my favorite favoritest of all:
Happy 2009!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwhhh!!! I loved this post. What a great way to recap the year.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping its jay that is your favoritist of all, and not King Kone!